DevShop allows you to password protect your sites with an "HTTP Password".
This prevents anyone (including search engines) from accessing any page unless they know the password.
To add a HTTP Password to an environment:
- 1.Visit the Project Dashboard.
- 2.Click an environment's Environment Settings iconicon.
- 3.Click Environment Settings.
- 4.Scroll toward the bottom of the form.
- 5.Look for the section HTTP Basic Authentication.
- 6.Enter a username and password, and a message if you wish.
- 7.Click "Save".
- 8.Wait for the environment to complete verification.
- 9.Visit the site and confirm that the browser asks you for a username and password.
To remove the password, simply empty the "username" and "password" fields from the environment settings form.