For the history of DevShop, see CHANGELOG.md
1.x Life cycle
Expected Release: Q3 2016
When the following features are fully complete we will release 1.0.0:
- Aegir Cloud: Finish support for Amazon, DigitalOcean, Rackspace, and Linode.
- Aegir Ansible: Finish production ready playbooks for Aegir Web, Database, and Load Balancing servers, including the security playbooks and user management.
- Aegir SSH: Allow per-server user assignment.
The DevShop 1.1.x cycle will focus on user interface improvements and incremental improvements to Aegir.
Many improvements to the Aegir core system are needed to allow work to start on adding support for things like Docker or Wordpress:
- Decouple Install Task from Site Creation
- Refactor PROVISION_SITE_INSTALLED to be more verbose and actually check if site was installed.
- RFC: Refactor how Aegir installs Drupal.
In the 1.2.x cycle, we will complete Aegir Docker integration.
Work in progress is available in the DevShop Rancher project, but is blocked by the issues listed above.
Drupal 8 & Symfony
Ideally, Aegir 4 will be Symfony components with a Drupal 8 front-end.
DevShop 2 would be a flavor of that.
My hope is for Aegir 4 and DevShop 2 to be completely server and app agnostic.